Monday, May 16, 2011

Left Brain Right Brain Aspects of Photography - The Photoletariat

Left Brain Right Brain Aspects of Photography - The Photoletariat: "However, there’s only so much analytical brain power and money you can throw into photography before you hit a dead end. Unless you learn to open that door to your creative, intuitive, emotional side, you’re going to have a hard time making anything other than boring, run of the mill pictures."

My favorite bit from the article is:
"However, there’s only so much analytical brain power and money you can throw into photography before you hit a dead end. Unless you learn to open that door to your creative, intuitive, emotional side, you’re going to have a hard time making anything other than boring, run of the mill pictures."

On Saturday, I shot pictures at a brew fest. I am normally not very good at shooting pictures of people. It being a brew fest, I had been drinking. I think the alcohol may have suppressed my normally dominant left brain logic leaving me open to compose some very good photographs of people.

I'll have to do some experimentation on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment