Monday, August 9, 2021

50 year old Colman Stove

In preparation for my camping trip in the desert, I dug out my old Coleman Stove. This puppy is over 50 years old (like me) and used to be my Dad's. It has been storage for over 20 years.

Ancient Camp Stove

The 413G was manufactured between 1965 and 1969.  
 
413G

When I opened it up I discovered an old, abandoned mouse nest, which I cleaned out.

Visitors in the Stove


I pulled the fuel tank out, filled it with fuel and attempted to pump up the pressure. It wouldn't pressurize.



I pulled the pump and discovered that the leather cup at the end was deformed. I stretched it out some and put it back in. It worked. I could now pressurize the fuel tank. 



Opened the valve, lit a match and FIRE!
The flame settled down pretty quickly and burned nice and blue.


Next I tested the second burner. Burner two is go!

Burning Well!





















No comments:

Post a Comment